The election for members of the Secaucus Board of Education will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
The deadline for filing to seek a seat on the nine member board is July 29, 2019 at 4PM.
Nominating petitions are available from the Office of the County Clerk – Elections Division between 8:30am and 4:30pm. The County Clerk is located at 257 Cornelison Avenue 4th floor, Jersey City, NJ 07302. The contact number is 201-369-3470 extension 2767 or option 6.
There are three (3) seats available each for a term of three (3) years which will be voted upon.
Candidates filing a nominating petition for board membership must meet the following qualifications:
- He/she is a citizen of the United States of America
- He/she must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age to qualify for office
- He/she must be able to read and write
- He/she has been a resident of the municipality from which he/she is to be elected for at least one (1) year preceding the date of election
- He/she is not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1
- He/she is a registered voter in the district
- Not hold office as a mayor or member of the governing body of the same district
- He/she is not disqualified from membership on the Board due to conviction of a crime of offense listed in N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1
- He/she has no interest in any contract with, or claim against the Board
- GOVERNOR MURPHY SIGNED BILL S868
Permits candidates for school board to circulate petitions jointly and be bracketed together on ballot; permits short nonpolitical designation of principles on petitions and ballots.