PRE - KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
2018/2019 school year advanced enrollment for pre-kindergarten students will take place
Tuesday, February 13 and Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Registrations will be conducted at the main offices of
Clarendon School and Huber Street School
8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Children who are, or will be, four years of age by October 1, 2018 should register.
Students who reside at any of the following locations must register at
Huber Street School:
All of County Avenue,
All County Avenue side streets,
Secaucus Road, Henry Street,
XChange at Secaucus Junction,
North side of Paterson Plank Road,
Roosevelt Avenue and side streets,
Green Valley Court,
North of the Plaza on Paterson Plank Road,
North of Flanagan Way, Liberty Court,
Riverside Court, and the
Entire North End of Town.
All other children, including children residing at Osprey Cove,
Harmon Cove Townhouses, Harmon Cove Towers and the Harper at
100 Park Plaza Drive
must register at Clarendon School.
ALL REGULAR EDUCATION PRE-KINDERGARTEN CLASSES ARE HELD AT
THE MILLRIDGE SCHOOL
40 MILLRIDGE ROAD.
AM or PM placement will be determined at a later date.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR REGISTRATION
Notarized Affidavit of Residency;
Your Proof of Identification;
Child’s Original Birth Certificate
showing that the child will be four years of age
on or before October 1, 2018.
Evidence of Property Ownership, Tenancy or Residency – 2 Required
(Example: Property tax bills, deeds, contracts of sale, leases, mortgages, signed & notarized letters from the landlord);
Evidence of Residency – 2 Required
(Example: Voter registration, license, permits, financial account information, utility bills, delivery receipts);
If you are not the parent of the child, you must provide
The Secaucus School District requests parents and guardians use the on-line pre-registration system available at www.sboe.org on the home page under Schools, click Registration and follow directions.
When you register at either Huber Street or Clarendon School, please supply the school with a copy of your child’s most recent immunization record for the school nurse’s review. Other required documents should be submitted as soon as possible.
In addition to the residency and identity documentation,
THE FOLLOWING MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED:
- DTAP Vaccine (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Acellular Pertussis) - Four doses appropriately spaced.
- Polio Vaccine – Three doses appropriately spaced.
- Live Measles Vaccine – One dose after first birthday, or proof of disease.
- Rubella Vaccine – One dose (German Measles) after first birthday.
- Mumps Vaccine – One dose after first birthday.
- HIB Vaccine – One dose after first birthday.
- Chicken Pox – Proof of one immunization on or after first birthday or statement from physician and/or parent/guardian that child has had Chicken Pox.
- Pneumococcal Vaccine – At least one on or after the first birthday.
- Annual Influenza Vaccine – Given between August 2018 and December 31,2018.
- Physical Exam by your healthcare provider which is to be dated no earlier than one year of the first day of school.
ALL RESIDENCY AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS OUTLINED ABOVE MUST BE FULFILLED BEFORE A CHILD WILL BE ADMITTED TO SCHOOL IN SEPTEMBER 2018 WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE ANNUAL INFLUENZA VACCINE.