Benefits - Open Enrollment
Effective January 1, 2021, the State of New Jersey will offer an additional health insurance plan. This new plan, called the New Jersey Educators Health Plan, lowers your share of premium contributions.
- It is mandatory for staff who are new to the district from July 1, 2020 forward to enroll in the new plan.
- Effective January 1, 2021 the SEHBP will only be offering 3 plans: NJ Direct 10, NJ Direct 15 and the New Jersey Educators Health Plan.
- Only staff who started working in the district prior to July 1, 2020 may enroll in one of the 3 plans offered (NJ Direct 10, NJ Direct 15 or New Jersey Educators Health Plan). However, YOU MUST RE-ENROLL by completing a 2021 SEHBP Health Benefits Enrollment and/or Change Form. If you fail to do so, the Division of Pensions & Benefits will automatically enroll you in the new plan.
- If you choose to enroll in NJ Direct 10 or NJ Direct 15 (staff working prior to July 1, 2020) your Employee Benefits Contribution (EBC) rate will remain the same.
Other important information:
- Open enrollment period begins October 1, 2020. All documents must be received by the Human Resources Office by Wednesday, October 21st. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Those of you who currently waive benefits, you must RE-APPLY for the waiver.
- The Brown & Brown webinar will be recorded and available to everyone to view at their convenience.
- Do not wait until the last minute to submit the application.
The section below contains the documents and forms for Open Enrollment:
- Health Benefits Enrollment and/or Change Form with instructions
- Required Documentation for Dependent Eligibility and Enrollment (only required for any dependent changes)
- Employee Coverage Waiver/Reinstatement Form
- A comparison grid showing the contribution scale/range
The out of pocket calculation schedule will be available soon in the following link: nj.gov/treasury/pensions. You can find it under the menu: Calculate Your Costs.
This is a brief overview of the new plan. Please be patient with the Division of Pensions & Benefits, as they will be simultaneously processing hundreds of thousands of applications at the same time and there may be a delay in the issuance of your new insurance cards.
We in the Human Resources Office are able to provide you with the paperwork necessary to complete the forms, however, the selection of which plan to pick is a personal choice. We are not able to provide advice on which plan to select.
Watch the Brown and Brown webinar here.