Secaucus Board of Education NJ Anti-Big Brother Act Notification
In accordance with New Jersey Statutes Annotated (N.J.S.A.) 18A:36-39 (P.L. 2013, c. 44), the Secaucus Public School District hereby notifies you that:
The electronic device (Chromebook) we are furnishing may record or collect information on the student's activity or the student's use of the device if the electronic device is equipped with a camera, global positioning system, or other feature capable of recording or collecting information on the student's activity or use of the device.
The Secaucus Public School District will not use any of the capabilities in a manner that would violate the privacy rights of the student or any individual residing with the student.
- You are liable for damage or loss of the loaned device.
- The cost of repair or replacement will not exceed $300/
- If the device is stolen, you must report the loss to the district and file a police report within 2 business days.
By entering my full name below, I acknowledge that:
- I am the parent/ guardian of this student
- I have read Secaucus Board of Education's NJ Anti-Big Brother Act Notification
- I understand my liability