Care and Maintenance
Students are responsible for, and benefit from, care of their District-owned Chromebook. Chromebooks that are damaged or not working properly may impact a student’s ability to participate fully in their classes.
The 1:1 Guidelines detail care recommendations. Here are some of the important ones.
- Fully charge the Chromebook before the start of each school day.
- Insert and remove cables carefully.
- Keep the Chromebook and its charger away from water, direct heat, direct sunlight, food, drinks, small children and pets.
- Do not leave the Chromebook in an unlocked or unsupervised location.
- Where possible transport the Chromebook in a well-padded bag or backpack.
- Always remove the charger and all cable before storing or transporting.
- Do not lift Chromebooks by the screen.
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry anti-static, or micro-fiber cloth. Do not use window cleaner or any type of liquid.
- Do not place anything on top of the Chromebook.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g., pens, pencils, notebooks).
- Do not wedge the Chromebook into bag, backpack, drawer or locker.
- Do not poke or draw on the screen with any sharp object (pen, pencil, etc.)